FOCUS gives you FEEL. FOCUS and FEEL give you TIMING. FOCUS, FEEL, and TIMING give you BALANCE.


The Responsibilities

  • For the Human
  • 1. Don't act like a predator
  • 2. Have an independent seat
  • 3. Think like a horse
  • 4. Use the natural power of focus
  • For the Horse
  • 1. Don't act like a prey animal
  • 2. Maintain gait
  • 3. Maintain direction
  • 4. Look where you're going

The Principles

  • 1. Horsemanship is natural
  • 2. Don't make or teach assumptions
  • 3. Communication is two or more individuals sharing and understanding an idea
  • 4. Horses and humans have mutual responsibilities
  • 5. The attitude of justice is effective
  • 6. Body language is the universal language
  • 7. Humans teach horses, horses teach humans
  • 8. Principles, purpose, and time are the tools of teaching

Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Crummy ending to a crummy day. Drove the 45 mins to the barn, and Sonny didn't want to play. I went to the pasture 3 times and he didn't come to me. I even walked almost to him, and he walked AWAY. He's only done that 3 times in the 2 years that i've owned him, and the other 2 times I had done something to really tick him off (in his opinion) in the session prior. So, I'm wondering wasssup ??? Hmmmmmm, the only things I can come up with are that #1 the last session and this time were in the evening,,,,does the grass taste sweeter in the evening and he just rates grazing over playtime with me/cookies ?? cause I've noticed that none of the horses are coming to me except good ol Justin and donkey Jasper, but usually some others come to greet me....... #2. I've become more focused so far as having a plan of how our play will go , these last 2 sessions,,and especially today. Could he feel my focus and it felt too much like direct line thinking to him? I mean, I really had a PLAN, even had stuff written down for the first time ever. Of course, I knew it had to be flexible,, play with the horse that shows up, etc....but ya can't play with a horse who doesnt show up. :(
Chances are slim to none that I'll be able to go to see him tomorrow, and then it's back to work, and no barn time possible untill the weekend. Meanwhile, to work on my horsemanship, I'll read SC forum, maybe watch the pattern dvds.
Play with the horse that shows up. *sigh*
Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment